April 7, 2015
Downloaded Adobe Air Code Signing Certificate per the usual process
- I was asked for my pickup password which I had selected in the application process
- A new view appeared requesting I create a password for the certificate being issued
- The password had to be a minimum of 12 characters
- Then a view appeared requesting that I download my certificate
This year GlobalSign recommended selecting the sha256 hash algorithm rather than the old sha1 which is the only difference I noted during the download process from last year.
PFX Downloaded File
The pfx file which is downloaded can be used directly as a code signing certificate file when creating an adobe air program via flex or flash.
Install Code Signing Certificate in Windows
To backup the certificate, I was under the impression I had to import the certificate into a browser like Firefox or Internet Explorer. BROWSER INSTALLATION PROCESS NOT NECESSARY!!
I can install the code signing certificate in Windows by double clicking on the pfx file directly and windows comes up with a wizard that steps you through the installation process without using any browsers. Per the image below, I made sure to check “Mark this key as exportable” and enter the certificate password:
Once installed in the windows store you can bring up the certificate in IE or Chrome and export it and create a backup copy (See next section).
(Noto Bene – If you do use a browser to install the certificate, the phone support person recommended chrome or Internet Explorer due to the fact that firefox uses a special certificate store scenario.)
Export Code Signing Certificate Instructions
PFX VS p12
pfx is the microsoft extension
p12 is the netscape extension
April 15, 2014
I did the following to successfully install the flash player debugger for Flash Builder 4.7:
- Uninstalled flash player on windows using the directions here
- Went to adobe debugger downloads site and downloaded plugins and standalone projectors
- Manually transferred the standalone debugger exes into flash CS6 and flashbuilder 4.7 directory locations
- Went to the flash builder project output folder and associated the swf files with the debug flash player
Located the flash builder 4.7 player directory which is installed at the following location on my machine:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\player\win\13.0
Copied the downloaded flash player plugins for version 13.0 and also the debugger standalone projector to this location
Located the flash professional CS6 debugger player directory which is installed at the following location on my machine:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\Players\Debug
Copied the downloaded flash player debugger standalone projector to this location
Copied the downloaded flash player standalone projector to this location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\Players
Finally had to manually associate flash builder generated swf file with the latest debugger player by doing the following:
- Select a swf file
- Right click and choose Open With
- Browse to the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\player\win\13.0 directory
- Select FlashPlayerDebugger.exe
After that, any error message that Flash builder can not find the debugger version of the flash player should be gone.