After renewing my code signing certificate with GlobalSign, I performed the following steps to install my certificate to be used by Flex when creating Air applications.
- Installed the certificate in my browser following the directions from GlobalSign
- Saved the certificate to a backup file(used for backup and also for Air Application release builds)
- Tested the certificate file by creating a release build of an Air Application
1) Installed the certificate in my browser
I received an email from GlobalSign that my certificate had been approved. I selected the email link to start the certificate installation process and the following web page was rendered:
I selected the top button and was told my certificate was successfully installed.(Which meant that the certificate was installed into the current browser).
I subsequently selected the buttons for the intermediate certificates and was told that the intermediate certificates had already been installed as a certificate authority. This was probably done last year when I installed my first Adobe Air Code Signing Certificate.
2) Export the certificate for Backup and usage within the Flex Builder program
Now that the certificate was installed in the browser successfully, I found the following page on the GlobalSign site which helped to jog my memory of what I needed to do next.
I followed the instructions to backup the certificate from the firefox browser (With the exception that I did not have to set up a Master Password). So..
Select Desired Certificate and select Backup button
This will open a window to create a filename. Select a directory and filename to save the backup file to and then select the Save button.
Enter a password and record it in a safe place for future reference (This password will be used by Flex when generating a release build for an Air application). Then select the Ok Button.
3) Use the backup file to create a release build of an Air Application
When the Air project is ready for prime time:
Select Export option for the project.
Select Release Build from the options Presented
Release Build Popup allows you to select Code signing Certificate
Drill down to location of Code Signing certicate file