An overview of Presentation Patterns for Flex was discussed on the adobe blog.
The standard flex program implementation typically uses the Autonomous View presentation pattern.
- State is in the view
- Logic is in the view
There is a lot of discussion on how Flex is built for the Presentation Model. Users for both the Mate and Swiz framework have gravitated toward this implementation.
- State is in the presentation model
- Logic is in the presentation model
- View observes the model and is updated accordingly
- View knows about the presentation model
- Presentation model does not know about the view
My current implementation of the Swiz Glossary view program was done apparently using the Autonomous View pattern. (I did it without really realizing it:)
The view source is enabled in the examples above to compare the differences.